Job purpose The
Seed Plant Labourer job available
The focus of the seed plant operator is to produce high-quality pedigree seed which meets the expectations of Parkland Farm’s customers. A seed plant labourer should aim to be cross-trained in all duties pertaining to seed plant operations and warehousing.
The right candidate will start in September
Duties and responsibilities
- Soybean seed packaging into bags, totes, and bulk.
- Operate and adjust seed cleaning equipment
- Loading and unloading trucks of packaged seed
- Loading and unloading trucks of raw and cleaned bulk soybeans
- Moving/Operating augers
- Forklift operation for warehousing and various activities
- Unloading and loading wagons
- Executing ISO checks and maintaining applicable records
- Unloading/Loading grain bins
- Mixing seed treatment and treating soybean seed
- Assist in retail soybeans and corn shipments
- Loading and unloading corn and soybean planters in the spring as needed
- General maintenance of seed plant equipment
- Off season duties include yard cleanup, maintenance, assisting in farming operations
- Report off-spec product to plant foreman
- Sampling soybean seed and recording quality, and seed count information
- Maintain a safe working environment
Work duties may change daily based on the needs of the operation
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Forklift experience is an asset
- AZ license is an asset but not necessary
- Experience with farm equipment an asset but not necessary
- May occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
- Must be comfortable with heights
- Exposure to grain dust
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
This job posting is for temporary full-time but has the potential to become full-time for the right candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary